Saturday, March 12, 2011

Menopause blog 8

For a woman, aging changes involve hormone levers, physical changes in our entire reporductive tract, and psychological changes.  Changes also occur in the intricate relationship between our ovarian hormones and those produced by the pituitary gland (in the brain).

Menopause is a normal part of a woman's aging process.  It is usually thought of to not be a fun time for woman or the man living with the woman that is going through it.  But all woman are different so transition wonderfully and others would rather die.

Many of my friends are older women, 60 plus, and they have aged gracefully and most have been through menopause.  They are still very active in sports, and many have a good active sex life as well.

Woman and aging seems to get a bad rap if you ask me, but I know when I was a teenager and my mom went through it, it was dreadful for my dad and my brother and sister and I.  I think society has come a little way and it is not looked at so negatively now.  I really think staying active and eating a healthy diet has something to do with it also.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you personalized your comment with the way menopause affected not just your mom, but you and your siblings and father as well. Many women do forget that menopause is something that does affect the entire family. I think it would be very helpful if more support information was published so that people can be more aware of what the entire family is going through and become more sensitive to the families need. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete